myPOS reviews every apk submission of an app including updates and first-time submissions. Developers need to have an apk submitted to the AppMarket and upon successful submission, the app will be in status Pending. In this state, the developer can still edit his app's description and attributes. Once the reviewing process from an AppMarket Administrator concludes, nothing can be modified about the app's description until the next submitted version.
First-Time apk submission:
For first-time submissions, the following App-Level Metadata is checked for validity:
App Information and assets:
- App Name
- App Description
- App Screenshots
- App Country
- App Permissions (App requests Only for required implicit permissions)
Subsequent apk submissions:
The following values are checked for validity with every Apk submission:
- Changes in the app Information and assets
- Apk ChangeLog (Change details from previous submissions).
The Review of your app is conducted in two layers: automated and manual.
The automated is done in the submission form and it checks the app's structure and size. If you have fulfilled the APK building guidelines the app will be successfully uploaded. But if something is incorrect, you will not be able to submit your app for manual review.
When the app passes the automated verification, a myPOS AppMarket employee conducts a manual review by installing it on test and production devices. In order to use the application features, in connection of application submission developers are requested to provide test credentials to the application.
The manual application verification process may cover tasks like:
- A security test to ensure the app doesn’t include any malware code
- A stability test to ensure the app doesn’t crash
- A performance test to verify the app doesn’t slow down the terminal
- A functional test to verify documented application features
- A quality test, verifying the application provides a positive end-user experience
- Interoperability test to verify the app can be installed and run on targeted devices
- Integration test to verify if the app calls the terminal functions successfully
When the app passes the manual test it is signed by a myPOS employee with the PCI Certification Key for the targeted devices and tested again in production environment. On rare occasions, the signing might compress the apk badly and cause unwanted errors, bugs and crashes. In those rare cases, the developer of the app might be asked to validate the core code and rebuild his app.
With all the above requirements met, the first response from the AppMarket review team will be 1-3 Business Days from the date of App Submission.
The response could be any of the following:
- Apk Approval
- Apk Rejection (if the App does not comply with Poynt App Development guidelines)
- Email/Ticket response requesting additional details(such as Test credentials, clarifications, guides, video walk-through or Images/snapshots).
Once the app tests on production environment pass, the app is approved and set to status Online in the AppMarket. When it is online, it is available for every production device and merchants can install the app.
For critical fixes with apk updates, you may escalate via firstname.lastname@example.org