The myPOS Cash Register Remote API (myPOS Remote API) is an Application Programming Interface, which allows the partner’s application to connect to the myPOS terminal device and accept card payments through it. The communication between the end devices will be done through the hosts of both sides (partner’s and myPOS'). The partner’s device will not have any physical connection (via BT or cable) to the myPOS devices Mini, Combo and Go, however, for the myPOS Integra, a cable connection is necessary.
To use the myPOS Remote API protocol the partner must:
- be granted access by means of login username supplied by myPOS;
- exchange digital signing certificates with myPOS;
- hosts a web service that will send requests to the myPOS system web service and receive notifications.
The myPOS Cash Register Remote API grants functionality for sending a request to a device through a specific service connected directly to the myPOS Server. There is no need for the Host system/service to be physically connected with the myPOS terminal. Third-party software can communicate with a myPOS terminal over established Server to Server communication. Requests sent to the myPOS terminal have specific XML SOAP Formatting.
In general, the workflow is described below:
- Third-party software sends a request to the own Server
- Third-party Server connects to myPOS Server (https://crrservice.mypos.com)
- myPOS Server sends a request to subscribed myPOS Terminal
- The client physically pays on the terminal
- myPOS Terminal notifies myPOS Server with payment result
- myPOS Server notifies Third-Party Server with payment result
- The third-party server notifies the merchant with payment result.
Documentation and Examples:
Steps for switching the device in CRR mode
1. The device is initially in “Stand Alone” mode.
2. Call MPRSubscribe which returns a security code.
3. Now go into the menu on the myPOS device, and chooses “Pair device”.
4. The seller fills in the code.
5. The device is now paired.
6. The device is now in “Cash Register Remote” mode and on the screen, you should see "Check for transaction (O)".
Login and Authentication
Please note for the authentication, we will have to add your Login ID/e-mail (email) as a partner in our database.
You use this login id in the API call: MPRPurchase
After that, you need to generate a pair of keys – a private key and a public certificate and you need to send us your public certificate.
Generate public certificate - self-signed SSL certificate 2048 bit, x509 format.
When we add your public certificate, we will send you our myPOS public certificate so you can receive the responses from our Server.
You can do it directly with this command:
...\openssllib\1.0.2\bin\openssl req -x509 -sha256 -nodes -days 3650 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout private_key.pem -out public_cert.crt -config